Apologies for this being bashed out in haste on my iPad, especially when I seem to have some sort of glitch, either on my recent iOS update or my brain; I'm not sure which. The result is a very strange assortment of predictive texts, including 'testament' and 'exult'. Which is odd, as they are not words I frequently use in these blogs. Read more
Join us in celebrating in 2009/10!
As we are going into our 20th anniversary year since registration as a charity, we are encouraging people to think of imaginative ways to support us and join our celebration events in 2009/10.
Here are a few ideas:
- Have dress down day at work every Friday throughout Summer for £20 per person (£1 a week)
- Do a sponsored 20 mile walk or bike ride challenge with friends
- Play a game with friends, every time they say a particular word (or swear) they donate 20p
- Collect 20p coins in a jam jar from everyone you know
- Have a dinner party for 20 friends…and ask each person to donate £20!
- Hold a 1920’s themed dance, included Gangsters and Molls fancy dress, Casino Table and Jazz Band
- Swim 20 lengths of your swimming pool and ask your family to sponsor you £1 for each length
- Give up something for 20 days. Are you a smoker? A compulsive chocolate eater? Quit for 20 days and get everyone to sponsor your efforts
- Hold a Barking Mad Quiz Night and charge £20 for each team of five taking part, we have a list of questions you can use
- Sell something unwanted on eBay and donate 20% to Canine Partners
- Bake 20 cakes and sell them to friends, colleagues, family..
- Help us reach our 20th Fundraising Support Group in Great Britain (presently 12 Support Groups) - join one in your area or help us start up a new group to raise funds by holding events and collections
- Set up a donation by standing order for £20 a month, quarter or year
- £20 a month (each year) will fund x2 new Partners dog equipment list (Purple jacket & ID’s, dog bed, wheelchair attachment, wheelchair lead, collar, bag of dog food, dog harness or head collar, dog toys, dog treats, whistle, metal bowl, dose of flea and worm treatment
- £20 a month (each year) pays for the puppy equipment (leads, collars, puppy crates, toys etc for a puppy going through training). With Payroll Giving you pay £16; the Tax Man £4!
- Bingo nights are sociable, fun and easy to run. Anyone can participate in charitable bingo, even children and the Number 20 could hold a star prize!
- Dutch auctions are quite novel and you can entice people with the idea of winning something very special, worth £20’s for a few £2’s, or £200’s for a few £20’s
- Fetes and fayres are popular all over the UK with all ages. Stalls selling home produce, bric-a-brac and handicrafts mix with activity stalls for children and adults alike. Fun for all and part of our national heritage
- 20 hour Sleep-over. Not enough hours in the day to fit in your next fundraising event? Try organising one that takes place at night! Sponsored sleepovers (or "sleep-outs") are becoming increasingly popular
- Who are the Top 20 most talented people you know; hold a talent show. Is there a comedian in your classroom or a crooner in your canteen? Maybe your vicar's a ventriloquist, or your manager does the moonwalk? You might never know until you ask!
- Get x20 friends and family to Abseil in aid of Canine Partners are an excellent way to raise money as well as an unforgettable day of challenge and adrenaline