Blimey! It’s been a busy couple of weeks! I reckon the last time I spoke to you, we were about to head up to Crufts, which seems like an age away now. Didn’t Katy & Folly do us absolutely proud?! I lose count of the people who contacted us, so inspired were they by their story. Other highlights were our Main Arena display, which was broadcast live on YouTube, and a hectic time on our stand resulting in nearly £4,000 in donations and merchandise sales. We almost added to this figure because staunch volunteer Suzetta couldn’t get the hang of the posh new electronic till, and tried charging several people £4,950 for a tea towel (They’re good, but they’re not that good). Read more
Join us in celebrating in 2009/10!
As we are going into our 20th anniversary year since registration as a charity, we are encouraging people to think of imaginative ways to support us and join our celebration events in 2009/10.
Here are a few ideas:
- Have dress down day at work every Friday throughout Summer for £20 per person (£1 a week)
- Do a sponsored 20 mile walk or bike ride challenge with friends
- Play a game with friends, every time they say a particular word (or swear) they donate 20p
- Collect 20p coins in a jam jar from everyone you know
- Have a dinner party for 20 friends…and ask each person to donate £20!
- Hold a 1920’s themed dance, included Gangsters and Molls fancy dress, Casino Table and Jazz Band
- Swim 20 lengths of your swimming pool and ask your family to sponsor you £1 for each length
- Give up something for 20 days. Are you a smoker? A compulsive chocolate eater? Quit for 20 days and get everyone to sponsor your efforts
- Hold a Barking Mad Quiz Night and charge £20 for each team of five taking part, we have a list of questions you can use
- Sell something unwanted on eBay and donate 20% to Canine Partners
- Bake 20 cakes and sell them to friends, colleagues, family..
- Help us reach our 20th Fundraising Support Group in Great Britain (presently 12 Support Groups) - join one in your area or help us start up a new group to raise funds by holding events and collections
- Set up a donation by standing order for £20 a month, quarter or year
- £20 a month (each year) will fund x2 new Partners dog equipment list (Purple jacket & ID’s, dog bed, wheelchair attachment, wheelchair lead, collar, bag of dog food, dog harness or head collar, dog toys, dog treats, whistle, metal bowl, dose of flea and worm treatment
- £20 a month (each year) pays for the puppy equipment (leads, collars, puppy crates, toys etc for a puppy going through training). With Payroll Giving you pay £16; the Tax Man £4!
- Bingo nights are sociable, fun and easy to run. Anyone can participate in charitable bingo, even children and the Number 20 could hold a star prize!
- Dutch auctions are quite novel and you can entice people with the idea of winning something very special, worth £20’s for a few £2’s, or £200’s for a few £20’s
- Fetes and fayres are popular all over the UK with all ages. Stalls selling home produce, bric-a-brac and handicrafts mix with activity stalls for children and adults alike. Fun for all and part of our national heritage
- 20 hour Sleep-over. Not enough hours in the day to fit in your next fundraising event? Try organising one that takes place at night! Sponsored sleepovers (or "sleep-outs") are becoming increasingly popular
- Who are the Top 20 most talented people you know; hold a talent show. Is there a comedian in your classroom or a crooner in your canteen? Maybe your vicar's a ventriloquist, or your manager does the moonwalk? You might never know until you ask!
- Get x20 friends and family to Abseil in aid of Canine Partners are an excellent way to raise money as well as an unforgettable day of challenge and adrenaline